If you’re interested in learning more about kidney disease, or if you’re looking for a support group, this is the place for you. Here are some resources to help you stay informed and connected.
Information About Your Kidneys and Dialysis
Learn more about how to live with kidney disease.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Chronic Kidney Disease: https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/programs/initiatives/kidney.html
- End Stage Renal Disease Networks: www.esrdnetworks.org
- Home Dialysis Central: http://www.homedialysis.org/
- Mayo Clinic – Chronic Kidney Disease: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chronic-kidney-disease/home/ovc-20207456
- Polycystic Kidney Disease: https://pkdcure.org/
Support and Patient Advocacy Groups
Connect with other patients, caregivers and loved ones to share individual experiences with dialysis and living with kidney disease.
- American Association of Kidney Patients: www.aakp.org
- American Kidney Fund: http://www.kidneyfund.org/
- Dialysis Patient Citizens (DPC): http://www.dialysispatients.org/
- Kidney & Urology Foundation of America, Inc.: http://www.kidneyurology.org/
- Life Options Rehabilitation Program: www.lifeoptions.org
- National Kidney Foundation: www.kidney.org
- Renal Support Network: http://www.rsnhope.org
Dialysis While Traveling
ARA's Travel Department assists patients schedule their dialysis treatments when traveling, including locating the closest dialysis center to the final destination. If you're planning a trip, contact the Travel Department. If you're curious to see where other dialysis clinics are located, you can use these resources.
Dialysis Units in the USA: http://nephron.com/usacgi.html
- Global Dialysis: www.globaldialysis.com
Industry Organizations and Publications
Learn more about what’s happening in the healthcare industry, including a specific look at the world of dialysis.
- American Diabetes Association: http://www.diabetes.org/
- American Society of Nephrology (ASN): https://www.asn-online.org/
- Kidney Health Initiative: https://www.asn-online.org/khi/
- National Institutes of Health: www.nih.gov
- Nephrology News & Issues: www.nephronline.com
- NEPHCURE Kidney International: http://nephcure.org/
- NIDDK Publications On-line: https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/kidney-disease
- pcori (Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute): http://www.pcori.org/
Kidney Transplant Resources
Some dialysis patients are fortunate enough to find a donor. Learn more about receiving a transplant.