Our Commitment to the Safety and Wellbeing of Patients, Staff and Physician Partners
American Renal Associates is a leading kidney care company devoted to our Core Values, which emphasize taking good care of patients, hiring and retaining the best possible staff, providing physicians with clinical autonomy and operational support, and providing comprehensive management services to our clinics. It is with these Core Values in mind that we are committed to keeping our clinics open during the COVID-19 outbreak, so that we can continue to provide life-sustaining healthcare services to over 17,000 patients in 27 states and the District of Columbia. We will continue to monitor and respond to the situation as appropriate, and provide updates here as timely as possible.
We are cooperating closely with local and state health officials, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and medical experts, to ensure that we reduce the risk of infection to the greatest degree possible. We are following all CDC guidance to protect our staff and patients at our clinics.
Read more about the steps we are taking to continue operating while also providing a safe and clean environment for our staff and patients:
- ARA follows Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, continually consults with medical authorities and peer organizations around the country, and adopts recommended protocols as appropriate.
- ARA has engaged a physician infectious disease consultant to assist us in the development of policies and procedures to protect our patients and staff.
- ARA has always maintained the highest standards for cleanliness and infection control in our clinics. We use medical grade sanitizers and disinfectants on our hands and equipment. We are now placing heightened emphasis on these practices.
- ARA screens all patients and clinicians for symptoms before allowing access to our clinics, as well as the staff in our corporate office. Our screening procedures follow the most current guidelines from the CDC, and we are providing staff and patients in our clinics with appropriate protective equipment.
- Additional measures may be necessary to protect your health in our clinics. If so, we will update our practices and policies immediately.
With this shared commitment, we are confident we can continue delivering the same high level of care you've come to expect from us.
To help ensure you have the latest and most up-to-date information, please review the links below of other healthcare and government organizations:
CMS Guidance (issued March 10, 2020)