American Renal Associates, a national provider of quality dialysis services, is experiencing rapid growth and we are searching for the right individuals to help continue our superb performance. We are currently accepting applications for the following position in our Corporate Headquarters, located at the modern and convenient Cummings Center in Beverly, MA:
Staff Accountant I
The Staff Accountant I works in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and is responsible for the accounting cycle for 25-30 dialysis units. This individual provides oversight and direction for accounting transactions to ensure accurate and reliable financial information, adherence to SOX controls and compliance with GAAP.
- Responsible for the monthly close cycle for 25-30 dialysis units
- Responsible for coding and recording clinic bank activity and monthly bank reconciliations
- Reconcile cash funding summary and work with cash management to resolve variances.
- Review fixed assets to ensure capitalization is consistent with ARAH’s fixed asset policy; reclassify as necessary; record to and reconcile sub ledger to general ledger.
- Reconcile and review prepaid and accrual schedules.
- Organize and maintain auditable documentation and files
- Prepare and provide requested information for internal and external auditors
- Reconcile clinic debt and accrue interest if necessary.
- Review clinic financials, analyze outliers and variances; reclassify as necessary and record accruals as necessary.
- Reconcile clinic inventories and work with clinic personnel to resolve discrepancies.
- Verify and analyze A/P activities
- Separate and distribute BAI files.
- Record quarterly charge-backs.
- Compile inter-company pay-downs.
- Compile ESA medication reconciliations and work with clinic staff to resolve variances.
- Compile Activase analysis.
- Prepares financial statements
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching, interpreting data, and performing analysis as requested by management and physician partners
- Administrative duties, such as running, collating and scanning financials; preparing binders for executives; mailings/emails for physician partners; printing bank statements, and filing bank statements and reconciliations in binders.
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related field required.
- Understanding of debits and credits, and previous experience in accounting/finance background preferred.
- Basic understanding of GAAP
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software and Sage software preferred.
- Experience with financial reporting, such as balance sheets and profit/loss statements preferred
This is a Full-Time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Hours of work may vary according to business needs. Occasional travel may be required (up to 10% of the time).
ARA offers competitive pay and great benefits which include: health insurance, vision, dental, company-paid life insurance, company-paid disability, pet insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, a generous paid time off program and company- sponsored celebrations. Please visit our website at www.americanrenal.com to learn more about us!
ARA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – We value diversity in our workplace.
DFWP/ EOE: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
#MON #CB #JOBID:JV4
Qualified candidates please copy and paste the following link to apply:
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Renal Associates LLC is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free work place. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.