The Patient Insurance Educator will be assigned a group of dialysis facilities. In this role the Patient Insurance Educator will educate patients on their insurance options, including benefits, eligibility, and assistance programs in accordance with policies and procedures, and current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provides information to patients on the full range of current and available state and federal insurance benefits, resources, and assistance programs via telephone or face to face within the facilities.
- Assists patients during various application processes.
- Processes and completes mandatory documentation established by applicable regulations and policies.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patient personal information.
- Maintains HIPAA compliance.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Equivalent administrative healthcare experience will be considered.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; aptitude for learning additional software applications.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a polite and effective manner.
- Ability to work independently with established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities, attention to detail, and proven problem solving skills.
Travel is expected with this position. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Click link to apply
American Renal Associates offers competitive pay and great benefits which include: health insurance, company-paid life, company-paid disability, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, a generous paid time off program and company-sponsored celebrations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity in our workplace. DFWP/ EOE. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.