The Patient Insurance Education (“PIE”) Liaison is responsible for maintenance of financial assistance programs as it relates to patients’ medical insurance grant assistance. The PIE Liaison will work specifically as a liaison between the patient and the American Kidney Fund (“AKF”). The PIE Liaison is responsible for assisting patients with the submission of applications, applicable authorization and consent forms, and grant requests by utilizing AKF’s Grant Management System (“GMS”).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Complies with all American Renal Management (“ARM”) policies and procedures as well as all American Kidney Fund (“AKF”) regulations as applicable to the position.
- Adheres to AKF’s Provider Code of Conduct and HIPP Guideline requirements.
- Responsible for the tracking and maintenance of all HIPP applications, authorization and consent documents, and grant requests.
- Helps to facilitate enrollment in AKF’s HIPP program as well as assisting with routine maintenance of recipient accounts.
- Ensures all requirements for audits are filed and easily accessible.
- Performs other duties and projects as requested.
Experience and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent (degree preferred).
- Previous experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain expertise in privacy and security standards.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Understands business implications of decisions.
- Ability to exercise effective and independent judgment, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Ability to maintain discretion regarding business-related files, reports, and conversations, within the provisions of open records laws and other applicable state and federal statutes and regulations.
This is a Full-Time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Click link to apply
American Renal Associates offers competitive pay and great benefits which include: health insurance, company-paid life, company-paid disability, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, a generous paid time off program and company-sponsored celebrations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity in our workplace. DFWP/ EOE. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.