The Biostatistician assists the Chief Operating Officer, Vice President of Clinical Research, and other clinical department leadership in the development of clinical analytics, research department operations, and the production of clinical trials.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provides assistance in the development of reports, presentations, and data analysis.
- Contribute in evaluating and designing study protocols, performing feasibility assessments, sensitivity analyses and final reports, soliciting feedback, communicating study results within the company and to external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with ARCRS team on study design, planning, data preparation, programming, analysis and presentation of results.
- Drives publication of analyses of ARA’s clinical data in peer reviewed journals.
- Performs literature searches and derives pipeline of suggested topics for analyses and publication.
- Assist with management of data-oriented deliverables (i.e., data design, validation checks and critical data).
- Develop statistical deliverables (i.e., analysis plans, methodology and statistical results sections, interpretation of results) for data requests, clinical reports, presentations and manuscripts.
- Draft and edit reports and manage long-term progression of papers, presentations or poster sessions, and internal clinical outcomes reports, and effectively report results to varied audiences.
- Participate in biostatistics team meetings to foster use of best practices and effective communication and collaboration among research and epidemiology group biostatisticians.
- Participate and present information in biostatistics and epidemiology technical information exchange meetings and educational forums.
- Maintain current CITI Human Subjects Research - Biomedical Research certification.
- Other tasks as directed.
Experience and Skills
- MS degree required, PhD preferred in Biostatistics, Statistics, Computational Biology or similar.
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, critical thinking skills, and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal supervision required.
- Demonstrated leadership and passion for being pro-active in getting tasks completed required.
- High degree of medical literacy and familiarity with ESRD and renal therapeutic area required.
- Working knowledge of clinical research protocols and Good Clinical Practice required.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple types of statistical analysis methods including generalized linear and nonlinear models with repeated measures, non-parametric modeling and analysis, Bayesian analysis, survival analysis, and techniques for dealing with missing data preferred.
- 6 years of relevant work experience; including statistical consulting experience within the medical/physiology field, clinical data mining, and medical publications required.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and independently with external clients required.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Experience with ESRD data sets preferred.
- Experience with the statistical complexities of working with clinical care/human physiological data preferred.
- Successful experience working both independently and as part of a team on multiple concurrent projects (i.e., occupational surveillance projects) preferred.
- Accredited author/co-author of multiple peer-reviewed papers in a peer-reviewed publication within the past two years.
- Exposure to clinical and/or medical/psychological research preferred.
This is a Full Time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. Must be prepared to travel to client meetings, Investigator Meetings, 10% of the time.
Click link to apply
American Renal Associates offers competitive pay and great benefits which include: health insurance, company-paid life, company-paid disability, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, a generous paid time off program and company-sponsored celebrations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity in our workplace. DFWP/ EOE. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.