The Accounting Manager provides oversight and management of the General Ledger team in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. This individual utilizes a strong accounting background and education to ensure accurate and reliable financial information, adherence to SOX controls and compliance with GAAP. The Accounting Manager is expected to complete and oversee complex accounting responsibilities while training and developing the General Ledger team.
- Responsible for driving the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process, which includes balance sheet reconciliations, ad-hoc analysis, trial balance reviews and financial statement preparation, while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Lead and manage General Ledger team; including hiring, training, and staff development. Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and day-to-day direction to General Ledger team while promoting a collaborative environment.
- Review the work of the General Ledger team for accuracy.
- Responsible for complex account reconciliations, schedules, and entries.
- Review financials, analyze outliers and variances; reclassify as necessary and record accruals as necessary.
- Maintain accounting and reporting software.
- Assist with external reporting as needed.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures as well as identify and recommend new policies and areas of improvement.
- Research accounting issues for compliance with GAAP.
- Implement new initiatives, procedures, training and accounting software for the department.
- Collaborate with other departments and clinic staff.
- Manage and oversee ad hoc projects, delegate responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related field required. Advanced degree and CPA a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in accounting/finance background required, with at least 2 years in a managerial role.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and SOX.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required. SQL Database experience desired.
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software and Sage software preferred.
- Proficient skills with financial reporting, such as balance sheets and profit/loss statements required
- Ability to work with various levels of management and to influence others without formal authority.
This is a Full Time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No travel will be expected for this position.
Qualified candidates please copy and paste the following link to apply:
ARA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – We value diversity in our workplace.
DFWP/ EOE: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
#MON #CB #JOBID:JV4