About American Renal Associates
American Renal Associates Holdings, Inc. (ARA) is a leading provider of dialysis services in the United States. As of December 31, 2015, ARA operated 192 dialysis clinic locations in 24 states and the District of Columbia serving over 13,000 patients with chronic kidney failure, also known as end stage renal disease. ARA operates exclusively through a physician partnership model, in which we partner with approximately 350 local nephrologists to develop, own and operate dialysis clinics. ARA’s core values emphasize taking good care of patients, providing physicians with clinical autonomy and operational support, hiring and retaining the best possible staff and providing best practices management services.
Operating Philosophy - Our Core Values
The founding operating philosophy of ARA has
always been that the physicians and staff who treat the patients make
ARA into the excellent company we strive to be. The following principles
support this belief and drive the operations of ARA:
- Take good care of the patients and the financial
success will follow.
- Enable the nephrologist to practice as he/she sees appropriate.
- Provide the nephrologist the autonomy to make operational
- Acknowledge that facility staff members are a critical and
valuable asset. Do everything possible to hire and retain the best possible
- Listen to the practitioners and provide the tools needed
to take excellent care of their patients.
- The Corporate office works for our staff, our doctors and our patients.